Job Opportunities at Ocean Suites Motel
Front Office – Part Time Plus
Required Knowledge/Skills/Job Qualifications:
- Minimum 6 months (1 year or more prefer’d) general office experience.
- Basic computer skills, including; 10-key experience, knowledgeable using Microsoft Office (version 2007 or later – the more knowledge the better)
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills.
- Able to add, divide, subtract and multiply accurately.
- Ability to type 20 wpm with 80% accuracy or higher.
- Deal well with people both on the phone and in person.
- Willing and able to fill in extra hours for staff who are out ill or on vacation.
- Ability to write legibly and use proper writing conventions.
This position ALWAYS requires a high degree of accuracy and the ability to learn very quickly. At times, it also requires a lot of patience, the ability to deal calmly and politely with difficult people and difficult situations and to work well in high pressure situations.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Make reservations by phone and in person.
- Entering reservations using lodging software.
- Assisting guests with problems.
- Opening the office in the morning or closing the office at night (depending on shift).
- Checking phone messages.
- Processing payments (cash and credit card) for lodging, and complete daily settlements.
- Checking guests in and out.
- Taking complete and accurate messages for staff.
- Cleaning office and common area.
- Organization skills; such as document filing, creation of forms and other documents.
- Checking incoming email, assessing and responding.
- Ability coordinate with housekeeping regarding room status